Portland-based real estate merchant banking firm ScanlanKemperBard Companies (SKB) purchased High Street in April 2013. A tremendous amount of time and resources have been dedicated to High Street’s success including ongoing property improvements, lighting, signage and the construction of a new 236 stall parking garage. In August 2017, Harbert Management Corporation (HMC) partnered with SKB in High Street ownership. This partnership will bolster plans for enhancing High Street development, making High Street a sought-after destination.
About ScanlanKemperBard Companies
- Formed in 1993, SKB is a fully integrated real estate merchant banking firm based in Portland, Oregon with additional offices in Seattle and Denver. Investment types include office, retail, industrial, mixed-use, and hospitality. SKB also funds bridge loans and periodically provides equity to select developers of ground-up development projects located in the Western United States. SKB has originated a total portfolio activity of $2.98 billion comprised of 22.8 million square feet of office, industrial and retail space and 2,054 residential units. With longstanding relationships in each of its markets, SKB has the ability to source, structure and execute value creation across a wide spectrum of real estate opportunities.
About Harbert Management Corporation
- Harbert Management Corporation is an independent investment firm, based in Birmingham, Alabama and focused on fundamentally-based private and public market strategies. HMC seeks investments forecasted to yield mid- to high-teen returns. HMC’s mission is to provide strong and consistent returns to help their clients meet their investment objectives and preserve initial investment capital. HMC principals are opportunistic investors who invest alongside our clients on equal terms and conditions.
- Strong team with an excellent reputation among brokers, owners, investors, lenders and key service providers
- Capable management with extensive experience and expertise in all areas of real estate with proven performance
- Depth and breadth of industry relationship create strong deal flow
- Private access to exceptional deal flow thought out the west and made available to institution, family offices and high net worth individuals
- Reputation for integrity and specific performance leads to early exposure to opportunities
Have a question?
Or just want to say hello?
We’d love to hear from you.